The Academic Senate Foundation is pleased to announce our inaugural Spring Auction! The event will take place Friday night, April 11, 2014 during our Academic Senate plenary session, and it will benefit the Foundation’s mission of enhancing the excellence of the California community colleges. The Foundation supports professional development of faculty and the furthering of effective teaching and learning practices. For those of you not familiar with our work, I urge you to visit our website at: http://asfccc.com/.
There are two ways to participate at the dinner:
- Purchase a ticket for $100
- Sponsor a table of 8 for $1,000
A special reception for table sponsors and their guests will be held prior to the dinner with champagne cocktails, hors d’oeuvre, and opportunity to place bids on items in the silent auction. Single tickets may be purchase with your full conference registration or separately. Tables can be reserved during the registration process. The evening festivities include dinner, dancing and of course, the silent auction.
To purchase tickets separately or a table of 10, please click here.
Click here for more information regarding registration for the 2014 Spring Session and to purchase your tickets.
Silent Auction Items Preview
From hotel packages to items you can pamper yourself with, this inagural silent auction should not be missed! To see a complete listing of the confirmed auction items, click here.
How You Can Support the Silent Auction
The AS Foundation needs your help in making this event a success. We specifically need your assistance in gathering donations for our silent auction. We already have some wonderful contributions, but we know that there are many more opportunities to amass interesting and covetable items. Many of you have signature programs at your colleges in disciplines such as Art, Automotive, Photography, Theatre, or Welding, to name a few. We would love to have donations that exemplify the wonderful work of faculty and students; or, even better, we would love to auction off collaborative works! Furthermore, many of us enjoy excellent relationships with community leaders and business owners, and perhaps they might be interested in contributing to a worthy organization while promoting their business! The AS Foundation Board has thought up a number of possible auction donations including:
- Gift certificates to businesses such as restaurants, hotels, spas, etc.
- Certificates for services such as automotive maintenance, landscape plans, carpentry, etc.
- Get-away packages that include a vacation home or rental for a specified time
- Host a dinner party with dishes provided by a culinary expert(s)
- Game tickets such as SF giants, LA Clippers, SJ Sharks, SD Chargers, Anaheim Angels, or other sporting event
- Limousine service and wine tour in Napa Valley, Amador County, Santa Barbara or Paso Robles
- Tickets for two to plays, concerts, symphony or other entertainment events
- Art items – paintings, sculpture, jewelry – donated by students, faculty, or local artists
- Fine chocolates or other candies
- Sports memorabilia such as a signed football, baseball cards, etc.
- Bottles of fine wines, beers, or spirits
- Electronic devices or accessories
Might you help us in securing any of the items above to include in the auction? Your assistance is much appreciated. Also, a few things to note when accepting auction items:
- The inclusion of a biography of the artist, the history of the item, or other information is appreciated in communicating the uniqueness of the item(s).
- To allow for delivery to the hotel, we would need the item and all information to the ASCCC offices by 3/31.
- The AS Foundation will provide a tax deduction letter to the contributor.
We are exceedingly fortunate to have two college presidents sponsor tables for their senate leaders– Eloy Oakley, Long Beach City College, and Bill Scroggins, Mt. San Antonio College. Perhaps you or your college president would like to reserve a table? You could even go in on it together and be recognized as secure bragging rights as one of the most collaborative and generous partnerships in the California Community colleges! I encourage you to reach out to your college president, providing them the opportunity to purchase a table. I have drafted a letter for your use when discussing your involvment and committment to this special evening. However, if you would rather have me personally contact them, please let me know!
Please take this opportunity to support the ASCCC Foundation as we enter a new period of growth that will ultimately better serve the professional development needs of faculty. Please contact me today with your contribution! All ideas are welcome and creativity is encouraged.
Thank you in advance for support!
President, Academic Senate Foundation